Class tuition, books, National Registry testing for a EMT totals about $800. A paramedic class can total $6,500 to $16,000 depending on a number of things. Baldwin Area EMS will pay for the tution of well qualifie local residents to attend classes that are willing to work for the service following the classes for a period of time. There are a number of things that go into the decision to sponsor students from living locally, to pre-qualifying testing. There is a contract that must be signed and approved by the municipal board. Please make an appointment to find out if you qualify for the sponsorship.
How much does the average on call EMT work?
In Baldwin we require a minimum of 72 hours of availability per month, 24 hours covering a weekend. You name the hours and days you are available to work, and we create a schedule from that. It is all done online so you can schedule from home or work if you want. Every one works some holiday hours each year (emergencies do not stop), holiday call hours and run time double on holidays.
REQUIREMENTS for EMT’s:
With the rapid growth of the area, and a steady increase in the number of 9-1-1 calls, we are always looking for more EMT's.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must attend monthly training and maintain minimum skill requirements. The hours count as EMT refresher and National Registry requirements. Training is paid stipend.
- Must pass health care provider and criminal background checks, and Drug test. Baldwin Area EMS is a drug free workplace.
- Must complete orientation prior to riding along.
- EMT’s are required to submit 72 hours of availability for call time per month:
- 48 hours monthly must cover weekend call time
- 24 hours of holiday coverage annually
- The average monthly call time assigned is 60 hours, but varies based on your interest and availability.
Sponsorship to a class by the service means we pay for your training! A minimum 2 year commitment after becoming licensed. Signed contract with payback clause if you are unable to complete the two years of service for any reason.
EMT’s are part time employees and are paid “on call” and “on run” stipends.
You will receive equipment and free uniforms at all levels of the service. Free training.
Advancement to higher levels of care are sponsored as well with commitment.
Your desire to help people is the only thing you need to complete the application. We hope you’ll see this is a demanding, but rewarding way to help your family, friends, and neighbors.
Please call or email us for more information.
Baldwin Area EMS
1. Application Process
2. Application for Employment
3. Sponsorship Contract
We hope you’ll see this is a demanding, but rewarding way to help your family, friends, and neighbors. Join a team where you can honestly say, Today I Made a Difference!